TC Battlefield™️ brought to you by
What Is TC Battlefield™️?
TC Battlefield is TechCabal’s premier startup competition in partnership with Kwakol that is dedicated to showcasing local startups’ innovations to a global audience and esteemed panel of judges to get funding for their businesses.
The primary objective of TC Battlefield is to forge an ecosystem that cultivates creativity, fosters innovation, and facilitates meaningful networking opportunities for tech startups, connecting them with potential investors, industry experts, and seasoned mentors.
Winners stand to win from 2.5 – 1.5 Million naira grand prize, and gain global recognition to propel their startup to new heights of visibility.
Join the celebration of champions of innovation and entrepreneurship, who will shape the future of technology for Africa.
About Our Sponsors
Kwakol is a fast-growing technology company that is dedicated to deploying capital, people and ideas to develop innovative products and tools that empower individuals in the advancement and pursuit of their financial freedom.
Kwakol is dedicated to empowering clients and individuals to reach their financial goals through cutting edge technological products.
First Prize 🥇
₦ 2.5 Million
Second Prize 🥈
₦ 1.5 Million
To participate in TC Battlefield, startups must meet the following criteria:
- The startup must be registered in an African country and serve customers in Africa.
- The startup must have received less than $2 million in funding.
- The startup must have a substantial and functional tech component at the time of the competition. Corporate websites will not be considered as the primary tech component.
- The startup must be fully operational and must have been in existence for 6 months – 3 years.
- The startup in the beta phase will only be considered in special circumstances if there is a reasonable expectation that they will officially launch within three months from the competition date.
- The startup must have at least 6 months of recurring revenue
- Complete an online application on the website
- Submit a pitch deck.
- A 3mins video pitch is optional but is useful to help you stand out
- The TechCabal team and the Faculty will review all the entries and select the best startups from the pool.
- Each finalist startup will present their businesses and applications to a live audience and a panel of esteemed judges during the conference on Wednesday, October 11
- Winner and runner up will be announced on Thursday, October 12
Meet The Judges
Thursday, September 28, 2023 – Applications open
Thursday, October 5, 2023 – Application closes
Friday, October 6, 2023 – Shortlisted startup announcement
Wednesday, October 11, 2023 – Finalist announcement
Thursday, October 12, 2023 – Winners announcement
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is application free?
- Yes application is free, all you have to do is register on the website and provide all the information required
- Where is TC Battlefield happening?
- The competition is happening at Moonshot 2023 conference on October 11 and 12th
- Is application limited to a specific sector?
- No, all startups in any industry can apply, you just have to state how the product is leveraging technology to solve problem.
- Do I need to get a ticket to attend the pitch competition?
- If you’re a founder who applied for the competition you get an automatic free pass. Others, however, need to get their tickets
- What are the prizes to be won from the competition?
- Three winners get to win $2000- $10,000 cash prize and global recognition.
- Can startups from other countries apply?
- We are only taking applications from startups that serve Nigerian customers for now. If you’re from another country, the good news is that you can still participate in the conference and witness the competition. To get access, get your ticket here
- Will the audience be allowed to vote for their preferred candidate?
- Winner selection is mostly decided by the judges. However, the audience is allowed to share their thoughts during the semi-finals and grand finale on social media using the hashtag #MoonshotByTechCabal. Your social media vote will contribute to 10% of the final score.
If you have any enquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org